Alexandria Candidate Petitions
If you are registered to vote in the CIty of Alexandria, and want to help Major Mike Webb qualify for the ballot, unlike Don Beyer and Mark Warner, Major Mike performed a risk assessment to develop a petition solicitation process that will enable voters of Virginia to remain safe and secure during the pandemic crisis that was created by COVID-19, but it’s going to take a little more work, like the absentee voting procedure approved by the State Board of Elections for the municipalities holding elections in May.
- Print the form double-sided.
- Identify someone other than yourself to be your Solicitor, and have that individual complete their information on the reverse side of the form, to include
- Their Driver’s License Number
- The State of Issue
- The Last 4 from their Social Security Number
- Grab the Candidate Petition, and fill in your information, including:
- Your Signature
- Your Printed Name
- Your Home Address
- Your City
- The Date
- Once you have completed writing your information, if you know any other registered voters, you and your Solicitor and feel free to collect more signatures, but once you are completed, your Solicitor must have the Candidate Petition notarized, which can be done at your local Board of Elections or at Wells Fargo Bank for free.
- Once completed, and notarized, the completed form must be mailed directly to:
State Board of Elections
1100 Bank Street, First Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
All petitions must be received no later than June 5, 2020 at 7 p.m.